Have you been using LinkedIn to promote your online business and build traffic to your blog? Are you disappointed with the results so far? If your answer is yes, it’s possible you haven’t taken full advantage of LinkedIn’s advanced features and tools.
Here are five effective ways to boost your social networking and online marketing with LinkedIn:
1. Embed video in your LinkedIn profile
Most LinkedIn profiles are boring because they all look the same. The best way to make your LinkedIn profile stand out from the crowd is to add a video to your profile.
To add a video to your LinkedIn profile, follow these simple steps:
- Create a free SlideShare account (SlideShare.net) and add it on LinkedIn
- Create and upload your video to YouTube and include a link to your website or blog
- Upload a slide presentation to your Slide Share account
- Insert your YouTube link before the first slide of your presentation
- Add the SlideShare presentation on your LinkedIn profile to enable the video to play within your LinkedIn profile.
Try to update your profile with a new video every month. Alternatively, you can add a slide presentation to your LinkedIn profile instead of a video.
2. Take advantage of LinkedIn answers
One of LinkedIn’s most popular features is the Answers section. On the LinkedIn home page, click on “More” and then on “Answers” in the drop down menu. This opens the “Answers” section.
In this section, you can ask questions about your most pressing problems and get a wide range of solutions. You can search for questions and answers containing specific keywords. Even better, you can answer questions, a great way to demonstrate your expertise and drive traffic to your blog. You can also create a blog post in response to a question or link answers to your previous blog posts.
3. Add your blog to your LinkedIn profile
LinkedIn makes it easy for you to add your blog posts to your LinkedIn profile using the Blog Link application. First, add the URLs of all your blogs and websites in your LinkedIn profile.
Then, in the LinkedIn home page, click on “More,” and then on “Get More Applications” in the drop-down menu. This opens the “Applications” page with a complete list of all LinkedIn applications. Click on the “Blog Link” application and then click on the “Add Application” button.
Your most recent blog posts with active links can now viewed in your LinkedIn profile. This is a great way to let viewers of your profile get an idea about your blog content and to drive more traffic to your blog.
4. Utilise other helpful LinkedIn applications
There are a number of other great LinkedIn applications you can use such as:
- Events: This application enables you to inform your LinkedIn network of professional events such as conferences and product launches
- Polls: This application enables you to conduct market research by asking your potential customers about their problems and needs
- Reading List by Amazon: This application enables you to share the books you’re reading with other LinkedIn members
Try them out and check for future updates in the LinkedIn Applications page once in a while.
5. Add useful LinkedIn plugins
The LinkedIn Developer site (developer.linkedin.com/community/plugins) has several user-friendly plugins that can add value to your website or blog. The two most useful plugins are:
- Share on LinkedIn: This plugin enables your readers to share your blog content with LinkedIn users and drive traffic back to your site.
- Recommend with LinkedIn: This plugin enables your clients to recommend your products and services to LinkedIn users.
To install these plugins, simply copy and paste their HTML code into your website. Also check whether other LinkedIn plugins such as “Member Profile” and “Sign In with LinkedIn” are likely to be useful to you.
The best way to benefit from LinkedIn’s growing popularity is to update your profile and status regularly. You can do this by adding new connections, sharing your blog content, adding videos or slide presentations, and adding new books to your Amazon reading list. This will help you to develop a quality network of valuable contacts on LinkedIn and boost your online business.
Have any LinkedIn tips? Share below. In the meantime, happy networking.